Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is a software technology that has been designed to secure the data on employees’ mobile devices, both corporate-issued and employee-owned devices. It provides a wide array of services to suit the varying needs of organizations for device and application management.
An EMM solution offers tools like mobile device management (MDM), mobile applications management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and mobile identity (MIM) that are often coupled with each other to offer enterprises a comprehensive and dynamic mobile device management tool.
It fundamentally focuses on managing and controlling how mobile users, devices, and apps interact with the corporate network while simultaneously securing the organization’s intellectual property and sensitive information.
EMM solutions have developed over the years to match the advancement pace of mobile devices and their features. The EMM system initially was dedicated to mobile device management (MDM), which focused solely on device-level management, control, and security.
With the release of Windows 10 in 2015 by Microsoft, most EMM software extended its services to unified endpoint management (UEM), which allows IT to manage laptops, tablets, PCs, and mobile devices through a single console that optimizes end-user experience.
Enterprise Mobility Management system turbocharges the mobility drive of businesses by supporting employees’ access to company applications, tools, and data at any time without putting the safety of the device or network at risk.
Why Should Organisations Consider An EMM Solution?
EMM tools are rapidly becoming a crucial practice in every industry. This can be blamed on the strong management capabilities EMM brings that allow employees to work remotely and use whichever devices they choose. Typically, EMM solutions come with the following key features:
- Unified Endpoint Management helps IT admins manage, control, monitor, track and secure all endpoints including phones, tablets, laptops, mobile workstations, and IoT devices from a centralized cloud-based platform, enabling a unified experience for end-users.
- Application Management allows admins to push work-specific apps, updates, policy configurations, notifications, etc over the air. It limits which applications can be installed on corporate devices through the app stores in a secured manner and blocks out unwanted and unsafe applications from the corporate network.
- Support BYOD (Bring Your Own Device ) programs that offer employees the ease to carry their own devices to work. Recent studies show that the BYOD market will reach $366.95 billion by 2022. From these statistics alone, we know that the BYOD market is here to stay. By using an EMM solution, businesses can push company policies apps, and device settings to all BYOD systems which allow employees to separate their work and personal apps. It allows all BYOD resources to be managed and controlled from a single console to avoid device compromise. EMM provides full device visibility that ensures data breach threats are at bay and that their employees adhere to their device policies.
- Endpoint Data Security manages all layers of security to provide an agile and robust security defense for all devices enrolled with the EMM software. It provides passcode policy, encryption, whitelisting/blacklisting of apps and websites to ensure data sharing takes place securely. Additionally, the solution offers extended device protection such as Factory Reset Protection remote data wipeout, etc in case of device theft or loss that could pose a security risk as well as a financial risk to the company.
It protects all devices from endless potential network vulnerabilities such as malware, viruses, malicious hackers, phishing, etc to name a few.
- Device Activity Log and Analytics tracks and processes activities on the device, apps, and network, data usage which is incredibly helpful to review and report on the performance of the device and productivity of the employees using the device. This information can be put in use for businesses to understand their unwanted patterns, maintain their devices, and manage their employees better.
- Network Management helps businesses configure all device settings of enrolled devices to meet their requirements and policies. It controls device access to a network, peripheral devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc), geofencing, and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
With work culture slowly embracing remote working, EMM solutions have become an indispensable part of any business practice. CubiLock is a scalable, unified Enterprise Mobility Management software that redefines your mobility drive with a simple, fast, and hassle-free interface. From its centralized and user-friendly dashboard, it takes on all the cumbersome tasks of enrolling, deploying and managing your fleet of devices and apps so that you can focus on your work stress-free.
CubiLock establishes data security policies with a full security stack that ensures instant threat detection that gives your IT team a chance to free up their time and focus on more demanding issues. Hence, CubiLock is an EMM software built for a dynamic and progressive business looking to make enterprise mobility a productive and seamless experience.